Benjamin Pierce Landel, a young man of incredible character, lived his life with integrity and honor. He was a dedicated student, gifted athlete, and devout friend. He represented all that is good in the world and was known for making “everyone feel like they matter”.
Ben attended Ramapo High School from 2014-2018, graduating four months post-mortem, after a shocking diagnosis and brutal battle with NUT Midline Carcinoma. He has left an indelible impact on everyone who knew him and he will forever be remembered for his character, his accomplishments and the way he made us feel.
The event is SOLD OUT! Thank you for your support!
ABOUT THE BENJAMIN PIERCE LANDEL SCHOLARSHIP
Officially established on November 12, 2018, what would have been Ben’s 19th birthday, the Benjamin Pierce Landel Scholarship recognizes one graduating senior from Ramapo High School and one graduating senior from Indian Hills High School, each with a $2,000 award.
This is not your typical scholarship, just as Ben was not your typical teen. This scholarship recognizes character, honor, integrity, humility, kindness…traits that Ben not only possessed, but philosophies he lived by and inspired others to live by with every fiber of his being. To know Ben was to love Ben. Through the Benjamin Pierce Landel Scholarship, he lives in those who embody and exemplify what it means to be a good person…to be like Ben.
In order to be considered, applicants:
- must be a graduating senior from the Ramapo/Indian Hills High School District; Ramapo High School, Franklin Lakes, NJ or Indian Hills High School, Oakland, NJ.
- should possess high moral character; displaying qualities that distinguish them from others…kindness, humility, empathy, honesty and loyalty.
- should be respectful, lead by example, and take an interest in and responsibility for the betterment of others.
- should have a strong work ethic and live with honor and integrity.
- may display courage and fortitude in the face of extreme adversity.
- may demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- must submit a completed application, short essay, and two letters of character reference (specific to this scholarship).
In addition to the monetary award, the recipients will each be given a ticket to the May 20 golf outing. The recipients will be celebrated on June 6, 2019 at Senior Awards Night.